The Brotherhood of St. Andrew

What is the Brotherhood of St. Andrew?

The Brotherhood of St. Andrew is an international ministry to Christian men and boys.  It was incorporated by an Act of the U.S. Congress, signed by President Theodore Roosevelt, on May 30, 1908.  That Act states in part, “…the sole object of said corporation shall be the spread of Christ’s Kingdom among men.”  The corporate office is located in Ambridge, Pennsylvania.

The Brotherhood is named for St. Andrew.  When Jesus asked Andrew to follow him, Andrew first brought his brother, Simon Peter, with him, saying, “We have found the Christ.”

At St. Patrick’s Church, we are about 20 members who meet monthly for Bible study and prayer.  Because we are so new, we have been placing a lot of emphasis on projects and establishing ourselves as a Christian body aligned with the mission of our parish church.  Our direction, though, is always in support of our three disciplines:  Prayer, Study, and Service.

Our Disciplines:  Prayer, Study, and Service:

We try to follow three disciplines in support of our mission.  For Prayer, we pray daily for the spread of Christ’s Kingdom, especially among men and youth.  For Study, we study the Holy Scriptures regularly and the teachings of the Church to attain a better understanding of how to follow Christ and bring others into his Kingdom.  Our Service is to make continuous efforts to bring others nearer to Christ through his Church.

If you are interested in becoming a member of the Brotherhood, contact a member of the clergy or Jim Lynn, [email protected], 404-308-4100.

More information about the national group can be found here.